At i-Tech Security and Network Solutions, we work with companies throughout North Carolina that are looking at video surveillance as a solution for a variety of concerns. You might think that the only benefit of video surveillance is from a security standpoint, but we want to share that there are several ways you can get the most from a well-designed and installed video surveillance system. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Deter theft by criminals – Criminals do not like to get caught, so they are most likely going to avoid your business if it is obvious that you are protected by video surveillance.
- Deter theft by employees- Even the best hiring practices, including background checks, can miss a bad apple. However, not only will your staff be less likely to steal from you with video surveillance in place, but someone who plans ahead to do so won’t seek employment from you.
- Deter other crime- It isn’t just theft that video surveillance can deter. It can also cut down on graffiti and vandalism, as well as protect your customers and other visitors from personal assaults.
- Apprehension and prosecution- If a crime is committed, your video surveillance can aid in apprehending and prosecuting the perpetrator.
- Training aid- It can be helpful to not only monitor the activity of your staff but use the footage for training purposes.
- Avoid insurance fraud- It is pretty difficult for someone to successfully sue you for negligence or a slip-and-fall situation, for example, if you have footage that proves it is a fraudulent claim.
- Sales assistance- Being able to observe customers in your retail location can help you improve your sales techniques, determine the best use of your floor space and product placement, and get other clues that can help you boost your sales.
- Track work schedules- If you suspect someone is not working the full shift or you otherwise need to confirm someone’s work schedule, video surveillance can prove helpful.