Anyone with a smartphone has noticed that there are many things that can be done with just your fingerprint on your device. You can use it to unlock your phone, open certain applications, make purchases, and much more. As such, you are already familiar with what biometric readers are and how convenient they can be. In a business setting, there are even more benefits involved, so all companies should consider biometric readers as part of their access control system and for other applications. Here are some of the benefits you can expect.
- Using biometric readers to get into your network rather than passwords makes it more secure against hackers.
- Biometric readers are more accurate than using smart cards, personal identification numbers, or passwords.
- Complete accountability as nobody can claim someone got access using their credentials like could occur with a password, smart card, or other access feature.
- Save your employees from having to remember various passwords, which can be complicated if you have several areas with restricted access to specific personnel.
- It is easy to scale a biometric system to your company’s needs and revise as you experience growth. Even those with thousands of employees will find biometric readers as a sound investment with a high return.
- It is a simple matter to terminate access for an exiting employee.
- It saves time as people move about your company to need only a fingerprint, facial recognition, iris scan, or voice recognition rather than need to stop to pull out a smartcard or punch in an access code.
If you would like to enjoy the benefits of biometric readers at your company or learn more about them, give us a call at i-Tech Security and Network Solutions. We use them at our building entrance with great success and can help you achieve the same. We are happy to provide a demo and discuss the brands of biometric readers we offer. We provide installation, training, and service for all major brands. Call today to learn more.